TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions and the rules, policies, terms and conditions set forth in, referred to and/or linked herein, all of which are incorporated herein by reference, are, collectively, the "Agreement".
This Agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you ("you" or "User") and Team Odd Job ("Team Odd Job" or "us"). This Agreement governs your use of our services offered through our website located at https://teamoddjob.com and such other locations as made available from time to time (collectively, the "Team Odd Job Platform".)
By accessing, using or registering with the Team Odd Job Platform or any portions there of, you hereby expressly acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and any future amendments and additions to this Agreement as we may publishfrom time to time. Please read this Agreement carefully. If you do not agree to accept and be bound by this Agreement, you must immediately stop using the Team Odd Job Platform. Team Odd Job's acceptance is expressly conditioned upon your assent to this Agreement in its entirety. If this Agreement is considered to be an offer by us, acceptance is expressly limited to this Agreement.
By using the Team Odd Job Platform, you represent and warrant that: (i) you are at least of the legally required age in the jurisdiction in which you reside, and are otherwise capable of entering into binding contracts; and (ii) you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and that you will so abide. Where you enter into this Agreement on behalf of a company or other organization, you represent and warrant that you have authority to act on behalf of that entity and to bind that entity to this Agreement.
1. Term. This Agreement shall continue in full force and effect until such time as it is terminated by you or by us.
1. Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement by ceasing to use the Team Odd Job Platform at any time for any or no reason. If you attempt to terminate while there are still outstanding Services ordered this Agreement will not terminate until after the Services have been completed or cancelled. Please be aware that if a Service is cancelled within one (1) hour of the scheduled appointment time Team Odd Job reserves the right to charge the User for the minimum booking amount associated with that particular Service.
2. Termination by Team Odd Job. Team Odd Job may terminate this Agreement or suspend your right to use the Team Odd Job Platform at any time for any or no reason by providing you with written or e-mail notice to the physical or email address that you have provided us. Termination will be effective immediately upon the provision of this notice. In this event, any Service that has been requested but not commenced will be cancelled and the User will not be charged. You have no ownership rights to your account.
2. The Service. Team Odd Job enables Users who are seeking help with various tasks including, but not limited to, home services to submit a booking request through the Team Odd Job Platform (the “Service”). The Team Odd Job Platform assigns some Services to in-house employees, while others are referred to third-party Home Service Professionals (the "Home Service Professionals") at the discretion of Team Odd Job.
1. Submitting a Service Request. Users are able to use the Team Odd Job Platform to submit requests to have Services provided. All requests must be clearly worded, must specify the relevant category of Service, and must provide a thorough and accurate description of the Service required including and tools or materials needed. The User is solely responsible for ensuring that all information provided is accurate. If a User wishes to book more than one Service, separate requests must be submitted for each individual Service required.
2. Cancellation by User. A User may cancel a request without penalty up to one hour before the Service is scheduled to begin. If a Service is cancelled by the User less than one (1) hour before the Service is scheduled to begin Team Odd Job reserves the right to charge the User for the minimum booking charge associated with the Service requested.
3. Cancellation by Team Odd Job. If the Team Odd Job employee(s) or Home Service Professional(s) assigned to the Service are unable to provide Service for the appointment time requested, Team Odd Job will take reasonable efforts to match your Service request with an alternate Team Odd Job employee or Home Service Professional but is under no obligation to do so.
4. User Responsibilities. By submitting a Service request, you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant Team Odd Job and/or the Home Service Professional access to the location where the Service is to be performed. You represent and warrant that you will be present at the location, or will have a representative a minimum of 18 years of age present at the location, at all times while the Service is being provided.
5. Home Service Professionals. Team Odd Job screens all third-party Home Service Professionals and works to ensure that third-party Home Service Professionals are able to provide high-quality professional Service to all Users, however Team Off Job is not responsible for the conduct of any Home Service Professionals and you hereby release Team Odd Job from any liability related thereto, whether direct or indirect. Team Odd Job will not be liable for any claim, injury or damage arising in connection with your use of the Team Odd Job Platform. Any references within the Team Odd Job Platform to a Home Service Professional being rated, verified, vetted, licensed (where applicable), qualified, or similar language only indicates that the Home Service Professional has completed the relevant registration process and does not endorse, certify, or guarantee any User their ability to provide the Service. It is the sole responsibility of the Home Service Professional to maintain adequate insurance coverage as outlined in the Home Service Professional Agreement, and to notify Team Odd Job immediately in the event that there are any changes to their coverage. Team Odd Job does not warranty any Home Service Professional’s accreditation, certification, licensing, or insurance.
1. Standard Rates and Material Charges. Standard rates for Services may be provided to you during the booking process. These rates exclude any materials required by Team Odd Job and/or the Home Service Professional to complete the Service. You acknowledge and agree that the cost of materials will be in addition to the standard rate.
2. Minimum Charge. You understand and agree that there is a minimum charge set for each Service (the "Minimum Charge"). We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to apply the Minimum Charge for your Service, other than as provided for herein. You understand and agree that we may apply the Minimum Charge to the Service if the Service is cancelled by the User less than one hour before the Service is scheduled to begin. If we choose to apply the Minimum Charge, we may consider the cost of materials separately from our determination of whether to apply the Minimum Charge.
3. Home Service Payment and Billing. Users will be responsible for paying the invoice for each Service (the "Invoice"), which will include the pricing terms of the Service agreed to between the User and Team Odd Job. By submitting a Request, you agree that you will pay for all Services requested (including all materials, taxes and late fees, as applicable). You understand and agree that we will be responsible, in our sole discretion, for determining the Service payment amount and any agreement you make directly with any third-party Home Service Professional regarding payment will not apply. Following the completion of the Service an invoice will be sent to the e-mail address that you have provided. We will charge your credit card on file for the full invoice amount twenty-four (24) hours after the delivery of this invoice, and you hereby authorize us to charge your credit card for the amount due. If you wish to contest the invoice amount you must do so within twenty-four (24) hours of receiving the invoice. If your payment does not go through, for any reason, you agree to pay the full amount due within seven (7) days of us sending the Invoice or receipt. After seven (7) days a late payment fee of 5% of the total invoice will be added to your invoice each week. You will be held responsible for all late payment fees in addition to the original Invoice total.
4. Payment Information. Users are required to provide their credit card or bank account details when requesting a Service. Team Odd Job is unable to provide any Service without the provision of this information.
4. Restricted Activities.
1. Service Requests. You hereby affirm that you will not use the Team Odd Job Platform to request Services that you do not intend to have completed or that you do not intend to pay for.
2. Solicitation. Users are not permitted to use the Team Odd Job Platform and Services to recruit or otherwise solicit any Team Odd Job employee or Home Service Professional to join any service or company that is competitive to Team Odd Job or to obtain work or Services outside of the Team Odd Job Platform.
3. Illegal Activity. Users are not permitted to request, encourage or facilitate any activity which may be considered illegal.
4. Nudity and Objectionable Material. From time to time, Team Odd Job may require photo or video content in order to properly assess a Service request. Users are not permitted to provide content which provides nudity or objectionable material. In the event that this occurs, Team Odd Job reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and to refuse any future Service requests from the User.
5. Amendments. We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this Agreement in our sole discretion from time to time without further notice. If we do this, we will post the latest version of this Agreement at https://www.teamoddjob.com/terms-and- conditions, and we will indicate at the bottom of such page the date of the last revision or modification. Your continued use of the Service after any such change, modification, addition or deletion constitutes your acceptance of the Agreement as then revised. If you do not agree to abide by this or any future version of the Agreement, do not use or access (or continue to use or access) the Service. It is your responsibility to regularly check this page to determine if there have been changes to this Agreement and to review such changes.
6. Mutual Arbitration Agreement.
1. Informal Negotiations. To expedite resolution and reduce the cost of any dispute,controversy or claim, past, present, or future, between you and Team Odd Job, including without limitation any dispute or claim related to or arising out of this Agreement ("Dispute"), you and Team Odd Job may attempt to negotiate any Dispute informally (the "Informal Negotiations") before initiating any arbitration or court proceeding. Such Informal Negotiations will commence upon written notice.
2. Class Action Waiver. To fullest extent permitted by applicable law, You and Team Odd Job agree to bring any Dispute in arbitration on an individual basis only, and not as a class or collective action. There will be no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought, heard or arbitrated as a class or collective action ("Class Action Waiver").
7. Contact Information. If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at the following address:
Team Odd Job
86 The Kingsway
Toronto, ON M8X 2T7
Last updated: April 12, 2018